August 16th – 18th, 2009, Incheon, Korea
The International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR) is to be held at the Hotel Ramada (Tentatively) in Incheon in Korea, 16th ~ 18th August 2009, under the FIRA RoboWorld Congress 2009, together with another five conferences. Social Robotics is the study of robots that are able to interact and communicate among themselves, with humans, and with the environment, within the social and cultural structure attached to their roles. The very nature of social robotics demands expertise from diverse disciplines. The conference aims to bring together the international community of researchers and practitioners to share their forefront research and the latest advancements in social robotics, as well as interactions with human beings and integration into our society.
The conference welcomes original, peer reviewed papers and contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and philosophical advances in social robots, and their interactions and communications with humans, especially innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, as well as novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that from the backbone of social robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to social robotics, and its interaction and communication with human being and its social impact on our society.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
We look forward to receive your paper submission in the areas including, but not limited to the following:
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- Context awareness, expectation and intention understanding
- Design philosophies and socially appealing design methodologies
- Biomechatronics, neuro-robotics, and biomedical robotics
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interactions
- Intelligent control and artificial intelligence for social robotics
- Knowledge representation, information acquisition, and decision making
- Learning, adaptation and evolution of intelligence
- Interaction and collaboration between robots, humans and environments
- Multimodal sensor fusion and communication
- Robot-ethics in human society; Interactive robotic arts
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Compliance, safety and compatibility in the design of social robots ”living” with humans
- Software architecture and development tools
- Human-robot interaction and robot-robot interaction
- Models of human and animal social behavior as applied to robots
- Applications in education, entertainment and gaming
- Applications in health care and aged care
Conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag. Selected papers will be invited for publication as a Special Issue in the International Journal of Social Robotics (Springer-Verlag).
Authors are invited to submit the complete manuscripts in PDF format. Submissions should be as per the LaTex or Word templates. Manuscripts are limited to six (6) A4 size papers. The front page must contain the title of the paper, full name(s) and address(es) of the author(s) and the appropriate academic field(s). The complete mailing address(es), telephone number(s), FAX number(s) and email address(es) must be provided on a separate sheet. All papers will be refereed by the program committee.
CONFERENCE/INVITED SESSION PAPER SUBMISSION: 1. Mar. 2009
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: 30. Apr. 2009
FINAL CAMERA-READY MANUSCRIPT: 30. May 2009
Submission and general information will be available at fira2009.org
The congress will be held at the Hotel Ramada (Tentatively) in Incheon. Incheon is the 3rdrd largest city in Korea with population 2,700,000 people. It is the gateway city of Korea with Incheon International Airport and seaport which located about 28km from Seoul. The city is near the west sea with beautiful to visit. Global Fair and Festival 2009 will be held along with FIRA. For more information please visit http://english.incheon.go.kr
14th FIRA RoboWorld Cup 2000 Korea, 18-20 August, 2009
Global Fair and Festival 2009, Incheon, Korea, 7 August-25 October, 2009
HOSTS & ORGINAZERS
FIRA RoboWorld Congress is hosted by FIRA and Incheon Metropolitan City and organized by FIRA Korea and Incheon information Technology Industry Promotion Agency.