Entertainment Computing (ENTCOM) Editors-in-Chief Ryohei Nakatsu and Matthias Rauterberg, and the Publisher Elsevier are pleased to announce an open Call for Papers authored by Young Investigators.
Our aim is to recognize early career academics working in the fields of digital entertainment, serious games, new media, entertainment computing, gaming, robotics, toys, and interactive art. All submissions will be vetted by the Editors-in-Chief, and only journal quality papers will be considered for further evaluation. Works should be interesting and novel. The top papers will appear in a forthcoming special issue of ENTCOM.
A cash prize of 1000 Euros and plaque will be awarded to the corresponding author of the best paper.
ENTCOM publishes original, peer-reviewed research articles and serves as a forum for stimulating and disseminating innovative research ideas, emerging technologies, empirical investigations, state-of-the-art methods and tools in all aspects of digital entertainment, new media, entertainment computing, gaming, robotics, toys and applications among researchers, engineers, social scientists, artists and practitioners. Theoretical, technical, empirical, survey articles and case studies are all appropriate to the journal. Please visit the journal’s
homepage for further details at www.elsevier.com/locate/entcom.
To be eligible you must
- have received a PhD within the last 8 years.
- be the primary author, but not necessarily the first author.
- not be a current member of the ENTCOM editorial board.
- Eligibility will be based on evaluation of the novelty, quality, and uniqueness of the submitted work.
- All qualifying submissions will be forwarded to the ENTCOM editorial board and outside referee(s) for further evaluation.
- Authors of qualifying submissions will be given constructive criticism to increase the impact of their work.
- Accepted papers will appear in a forthcoming special issue if the author meets the required criteria.
- Best Paper winner will be announced on the journal homepage in 2012.
- The Best Paper Prize will only be awarded to a sufficient high quality manuscript.
- The Editors-in-Chief’s decision is final.
For questions about submissions, please contact the Editors-in-Chief at email@example.com. For all other queries, contact the Publisher, Gail M. Rodney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is 31 December 2011.
Please upload your manuscript at
Choose the category “young investigator“.