Within the fields of Human-Computer Interaction and Human-Robot Interaction, the past few years have witnessed a strong upsurge of interest in the more personal aspects of human relationships with artificial partners. In 2008 Maastricht University organised the 1st International Conference on Human-Robot Relationships. This was inspired by the defence of David Levy’s (2007) thesis, Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners. The thesis attracted wide media publicity as did the 1st conference. Meanwhile, the
Maastricht research group has moved to Tilburg University and therefore this university is organizing and hosting the 2nd International Conference on Human-Robot Personal Relationships, during the period June 11-12, 2009.
Conference sessions are planned on the following topics:
- Robot Emotions
- Robot Personalities
- Gender Approaches
- Affective Approaches
- Psychological Approaches
- Sociological Approaches
- Philosophical Approaches
We welcome contributions in the form of an extended abstract and/or paper.
- Deadline for extended abstracts (max 1500 words) or papers February 28, 2009
- Notification of acceptance April 18, 2009
- Deadline for final versions 15 May, 2009
Submissions will be peer-reviewed. A selection of papers will be considered for inclusion in an international volume of the proceedings to be published in the Journal of Social Robotics. See http://www.springer.com/engineering/robotics/journal/12369. The language of the conference is English.
TiCC, Tilburg centre for Creative Computing Faculty of Humanities
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Conference Venue: Tilburg University, Tilburg, The Netherlands.
Program Chair: Professor Jaap van den Herik, Tilburg University
- Dr. Christoph Bartneck, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Professor Myriam Diocaretz, Tilburg University
- Professor Jonathan Gratch, University of Southern California
- Dr. Jettie Hoonhout, Philips Research
- Professor Marli Huijer, Hogeschool Den Haag
- Ir. Jeroen Janssens M.Sc., Tilburg University
- Professor Emiel Krahmer, Tilburg University
- Dr. David Levy, London, UK
- Professor Maaike Meijer, Maastricht University
- Dr. Bernt Meerbeek, Philips Research
- Professor Cees Midden, Eindhoven University of Technology
- Professor Mark Neerincx, Delft University of Technology
- Professor Eric Postma, Tilburg University Professor Corien Prins, Tilburg University
For more information please contact the organizing committee & secretariat: Joke Hellemons, email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org