On behalf of the Editorial Board, we are very pleased to announce the launch of the International Journal of Social Robotics, Springer, with the goal of providing a common platform for researchers, scientists, artists and designers to share their findings. The journal will publish the latest developments in Social Robotics and its integration into our society, covering relevant advances in engineering, computing, psychology, arts, social sciences, and design philosophy.
You are cordially invited to submit your original research and discoveries on scientific, technological and philosophical advances in social robots, and their interactions and communications with humans, especially innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, as well as novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that form the backbone of Social Robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to, and its interaction and communication with human beings and its social impact on our society.
Social Robotics is the study of robots that are able to interact and communicate among themselves, with humans, and with the environment, within the social and cultural structure attached to their roles. Topics of interest for the scientific papers and letters include but are not limited to:
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- Context awareness, expectation and intention understanding
- Design philosophies and socially appealing design methodologies
- Biomechatronics, neuro-robotics, and biomedical robotics
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interactions
- Intelligent control and artificial intelligence for Social Robotics
- Knowledge representation, information acquisition, and decision making
- Learning, adaptation and evolution of intelligence
- Interaction and collaboration between robots, humans and environments
- Multimodal sensor fusion and communication
- Robot-ethics in human society
- Interactive robotic arts
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Compliance, safety and compatibility in the design of social robots living” with humans
- Software architecture and development tools
- Human-robot interaction and robot-robot interaction
- Models of human and animal social behaviour as applied to robots
- Applications in education, entertainment, gaming, and healthcare.
The inaugural volume of the journal will be published in January 2009. Please submit your papers to the journal now to catch the first few volumes for your impactful scientific contributions in the new field of Social Robotics. The Editorial Board is committed to speedy review, fast publication, and scientific impact.
For more information, please visit: