Call for Papers for the 2010 International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2010)
23rd-24th November 2010 Singapore
Official Web Page: www.ICSR2010.org
Invited Session Proposal Submission: 28 May 2010
Conference / Invited Paper Submission: 28 May 2010
Exhibition Proposal Submission: 30 June 2010
Notification of Paper Acceptance: 6 August 2010
Final Manuscript Submission: 10 September 2010
Conference Dates: 23 – 24 November 2010
The International Conference on Social Robotics is a conference for scientists, researchers, and practitioners to report and discuss the latest progress of their forefront research and findings in social robotics, as well as interactions with human beings and integration into our society. The inaugural conference was held in Incheon, Korea under the FIRA Robo-World Congress 2009; and this year, the beautiful city garden of Singapore is proud to be the host for ICSR 2010.
The conference welcomes original, peer reviewed papers and contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and philosophical advances in social robots, and their interactions and communications with humans, especially innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, as well as novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that from the backbone of social robotics, distinguished developmental projects, as well as seminal works in aesthetic design, ethics and philosophy, studies on social impact and influence pertaining to social robotics, and its interaction and communication with human being and its social impact on our society
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Affective and cognitive sciences for socially interactive robots
- Context awareness, expectation and intention understanding
- Design philosophies and socially appealing design methodologies
- Biomechatronics, neuro-robotics, and biomedical robotics
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interactions
- Intelligent control and artificial intelligence for social robotics
- Knowledge representation, information acquisition, and decision making
- Learning, adaptation and evolution of intelligence
- Interaction and collaboration between robots, humans and environments
- Multimodal sensor fusion and communication
- Robot-ethics in human society; Interactive robotic arts
- Social acceptance and impact in the society
- Compliance, safety and compatibility in the design of social robots ”living” with humans
- Software architecture and development tools
- Human-robot interaction and robot-robot interaction
- Models of human and animal social behavior as applied to robots
- Applications in education, entertainment and gaming
- Applications in health care and aged care
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Prospective authors should submit their papers electronically in PDF format. Submissions should be as per the LaTex or Word templates. Manuscripts are limited to six (6) A4 size papers. The front page must contain the title of the paper, full name(s) and address(es) of the author(s) and the appropriate academic field(s). Detailed instructions for paper submission are available at www.ICSR2010.org
Conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag. Selected papers will be invited for publication as a Special Issue in the International Journal of Social Robotics.
Participants can submit proposals for invited sessions that consist of a collection of invited papers with a common theme. Proposals for invited sessions consist of (1) a proposed title for the session; (2) a brief 2-3 paragraph summary for the session explaining the goal of the session and the overarching themes of the invited papers; and (3) a list of papers with contributing authors and tentative abstracts for the papers.
For participants who would like to exhibit their interactive demonstrations at the conference site, please prepare a 1-page summary about the demonstration and send an email to ICSR2010@i2r.a-star.edu.sg . Exhibition booths will be allocated to the demonstrations approved by the ICSR2010 organizing committee
ROBOT DESIGN COMPETITION
There will be a competition to draw creative ideas on industrial designs in social or service robotics. Prizes will be awarded to the shortlisted designs.
Information about the submission of proposals, templates and arrangement information are available at the conference’s website http://www.ICSR2010.org
We look forward to meeting you at ICSR 2010 in Singapore.